Learn To Ride With Confidence at the J&L Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course.
Why This Course?
Because we’re passionate about our students’ riding experience, our whole team gets involved in the process to make sure our students are well taken care of, comfortable and prepared. The J&L Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course goes above and beyond with:
• Smaller class sizes – our classes have a maximum of 6 students. Smaller class size equals more range time, more personalized learning and more 1:1 time with the instructor.
• More class time – our classes give students 20 hours of classroom instruction and range time.
• Personalized contact – prior to the start of the course, each student is contacted and invited to the store where they can tour the different departments, get to know the J&L team, ask questions ahead of time, and make sure they have all required gear.
• Dealership Ambassador – a J&L team member acts as a contact point before, during and after the course.
• A J&L Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course t-shirt
• A goody bag full of free stuff (a $40 value)
• $50 gift certificate from the Department of Public Safety for the purchase of motorcycle safety gear
What To Expect.
In the classroom, you’ll get to know the motorcycle you’ll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills. On the practice range, you’ll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
When you’ve finished and passed the course, you’ll get a MSF Basic RiderCourse Completion Card. In South Dakota, this card exempts you from having to take the riding portion of your motorcycle license test and may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
If you are an existing member of the National Harley Owner’s Group (H.O.G.), a $50 rebate is available after completing the course.
All training is done at J&L Harley-Davidson. We provide each student with a Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle for the range portion of the class. All you need to register is a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit and the ability to ride a bicycle.
What You’ll Need.
Each student must have sturdy, over the ankle footwear, protective eyewear, full-fingered gloves, long-sleeved jacket/shirt, jeans and a DOT approved motorcycle helmet.
If you don’t have any of the required gear and need to purchase items, the knowledgeable staff at J&L Harley-Davidson is available to assist you.
What It Costs.
• The course fee is $214, including tax. Payment required at time of registration.
• As a way to show our appreciation to those who serve and protect, for the 2017 class season, the J&L Riding Academy New Rider Course is available for $99* (plus tax) to current Active, Veteran and Retired Military personnel and their spouses, as well as current and former Emergency First Responders and their spouses.
* This reduced rate applies only to students who do not yet have an “M” endorsement.
When The Courses Are Held.
J&L Harley-Davidson Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course classes are available annually from April through September.
This year, we’ve added more classes and a new class schedule offering. Classes tend to fill up quickly, so it’s never too early to register. We look forward to riding with you.
H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course sessions are either Monday-Friday, Monday-Wednesday or Thursday-Sunday.
• Monday-Friday class times are 6:00pm to 9:00pm each evening.
• Monday-Wednesday class times are 3 full days during the week from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
• Thursday-Sunday class times are 6:00pm to 9:00pm on Thursday and Friday, and 8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or to register, call us at 605-334-2721.
2017 J&L Riding Academy Course Schedule
|April 24-28||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|April 27-30||Thur-Sun||Registration Open|
|May 1-5||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|May 8-12||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|May 8-10||Mon-Wed (Day)||Registration Open|
|May 15-19||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|May 18-21||Thur-Sun||Registration Open|
|May 22-26||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|June 5-9||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|June 15-18||Thur-Sun||Registration Open|
|June 26-28||Mon-Wed (Day)||Registration Open|
|July 10-12||Mon-Wed (Day)||Registration Open|
|July 17-21||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|August 3-6||Thur-Sun||Registration Open|
|August 21-25||Mon-Fri||Registration Open|
|September 7-10||Thur-Sun||Registration Open|